Apply now for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) 2023. The U.S. Embassy Kinshasa in partnership with Groupe Utalii Kwetu invites Women Entrepreneurs aged 25-45 years living in Kinshasa, Kisangani, Lubumbashi, Goma, and Bukavu to apply for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) program 2023.
For the first time, the Democratic Republic of the Congo is launching its first cohort of AWE. In over 100 countries worldwide, AWE is a free entrepreneurship program designed to help women grow their businesses.
The AWE training is for six months, including three months of well-guided formal training and three months of mentorship and business linkages, culminating in a graduation ceremony and pitch session.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
Participants must meet the following:
- The program is only open to Congolese women entrepreneurs.
- Participants must be 25-45 years old with a business or a strong business plan.
- Participants must be proficient in speaking and writing English.
- AWE is only open to residents of Kinshasa, Kisangani, Lubumbashi, Bukavu, and Goma.
- Participants must commit six hours per week to the program for six months.
- Participants should have basic computer skills and access to internet and email.
What You Stand to Gain
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Successful participants will gain access to seed capital, specific to winners of the business plan competition.
- Selected winners will receive further training opportunities at Harvard Business School in the United States and South Africa.
- Selected participants will increase their knowledge and understanding of business, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Selected participants will meet and network with like-minded women to share best practices with the support of a team of qualified program staff facilitators and mentors.
The application deadline is the 31st of December.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) 2023.