Do you enjoy using technology and digital tools to create new and helpful solutions for society? Apply for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge, a competition for non-profit organizations and social enterprises in Africa. The winners of the challenge will get money to make their ideas bigger and help more people in different communities.
About The Changemakers Innovation Challenge
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge, initiated by ACT Foundation, recognizes and supports the remarkable efforts of community nonprofits, businesses, and social enterprises in Africa that are using technology and digital tools to drive social change. Through this challenge, ACT Foundation aims to highlight the positive impact of nonprofits utilizing technology and provide them with the necessary support to expand their reach and influence within their communities and beyond.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge wants to help and encourage non-profit organizations and social enterprises that are using technology to create positive and long-lasting changes in society. By recognizing and supporting these projects, the challenge hopes to contribute to the growth and success of these organizations.
Eligibility for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge
The following are the eligible criteria for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge.
- The challenge is open to non-profit organizations, social enterprises, and businesses in Africa that create social impact through innovation.
- Entries must address challenges within the Foundation’s key focus areas, which include health, entrepreneurship, environment, and leadership. Scroll down to see key focus tips below
- Organizations that have previously won funding through the Changemakers Innovation Challenge are not eligible to participate again.
- Non-profit organizations and social enterprises must be officially registered with the government agency responsible for organizations’ registration in their respective countries.
- Submissions should present innovative solutions that utilize technology or digital systems as significant tools for driving community impact. Evidence to support these claims can be provided through web links, videos, pictures, or any other online presence.
- Organizations must have been operational for a minimum of two years.
- Social innovations must be at the growth stage and should have been tested or implemented with direct beneficiaries. Evidence of this can be provided through pictures, news releases, and other relevant materials.
- All social innovations submitted must have been implemented within the last two years. Pilot innovations will not be accepted.
Carefully take note of the following requirement
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is accepting entries from July 11th to July 31st, 2023. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Each organization can submit only one entry. Once an entry is submitted, no changes can be made.
- All entries for the challenge must be in English.
- There is no fee or payment required to apply for the challenge.
- The top three winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge will receive grant funding to support the expansion of their innovative solutions in different communities. They may also receive technical support if needed.
- The winners will be announced and awarded at the ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue, which will take place in October 2023. For more information, visit www.actrustfoundation.org.
Key Focus Area
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge supports organizations across Africa that address challenges in these areas by providing funding and capacity-building support.
1. Health: Initiatives that improve healthcare services addressing issues like Malaria, Cancer, and Maternal & Child Health. Technological solutions in Health can include telemedicine, health information systems, and tools for disease management.
2. Entrepreneurship: Initiatives that empower individuals, create job opportunities and improve economic growth. technological solutions in Entrepreneurship can include digital platforms for market access, agricultural technologies, and digital financial services.
3. Environment: Initiatives that focus on environmental protection and sustainability. This includes waste management, upcycling, tree planting, and water and sanitation interventions. Technological solutions in Environment can include clean energy technologies, water management systems, and sustainable waste management practices.
4. Leadership: initiatives that enhance leadership skills, particularly among young people and women, in areas such as good governance and professional development. Technological solutions in Leadership can include digital inclusion initiatives, e-learning platforms, and technologies for civic engagement.
Click on the Changemakers Innovation Challenge application link and fill appropriately
Types of opportunity: Competition
Deadline: July 31st, 2023.
Open to: Non-profits and social enterprises
Organizer: Changemakers Innovation Challenge (CIC)
Learn about the 2022 Changemakers Innovation Challenge Winners.
If you have any inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +234 812 293 9984.
For more information visit the Changemakers Innovation Challenge official website