Apply now for the Afri Women Innovation (AWI) Grant 2024. The Afri Women Innovation is an EquiHER initiative with the United Nations SDG and aims to assist African women with promising business ideas or existing companies within Africa.
The EquiHER Foundation comprises a coalition of stakeholders representing the Black Women’s Network, the Latin America and Caribbean Association, and the Asian American community.
The AWI is open to all businesses, whether it’s a tiny idea or a well-established business concept. They feel that even a small idea holds the potential to spark significant change, while a substantial idea can expand further. All participants with business ideas don’t need to be incredibly revolutionary. The AWI truly counts in its power to bring about positive change for you and your surroundings.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Afri Women Innovation
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants should be female, aged between 18-50.
- Participants must have citizenship from any of the 54 African countries.
- Participants must have English, French, or Portuguese proficiency, which is necessary for effective communication.
- Participants with business ideas must intend to implement their ideas within Africa.
- Participants with existing companies and operations must be active within Africa, and a female shareholder must hold a minimum ownership of 50% of the company.
What You Stand to Gain from the Afri Women Innovation
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will give a comprehensive pitch involving media presentation and business planning.
- The AWI Grant will receive entrepreneurship training and mentorship.
- Selected participants will receive offers of financial backing of $5,000 to 500 women who hold citizenship across the African continent.
The application deadline is the 31st of December, 2023.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of Afri Women Innovation (AWI) Grant.