A call for proposal for AGriDi Grants for Digital Innovations in West Africa. AGriDi is accepting proposals on innovative and digital solutions to improve agricultural productivity for farmers in West Africa and their target applicants are; small and medium businesses, startups, Innovators in tech hubs, innovation labs, and university technology transfer, Policy makers in national government ministries, departments, scientists and researchers in universities and research institutes, community organizations, farmer cooperatives, the private sector, government ministries, and agencies.. AGriDi is in collaboration with Research Innovate Transform Africa (RSIF)
Also Read: Apply for the MEST Africa Challenge 2023
The accelerator will include green growth through Agri-based digital solutions in West Africa (AGriDi) that will support innovations to solve key challenges in climate change, biodiversity, sustainable use as well as production and consumption amongst farmers in West Africa.
Research Innovate Transform Africa (RSIF) supports training and innovation in these five (5) main areas; ICT including big data and artificial intelligence, Food security and agri-business, Minerals, mining and materials engineering, energy including renewables, and Climate change. RSIF funds fully African talent and science to help nurture Africa.
The project will add to the implementation of ECOWAS and national policies relating to science Technology and Innovation (STI), ICT, and the African Union’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA) 2024. AGriDi’s focus is on making innovative systems strong and adopting agri-based digital technologies in West Africa. AGriDi is offering efficient farmers and small businesses the potential to make it easier and produce and market their goods to make greater profits.
Objectives AGriDI Grants for Digital Innovations in West Africa.
AGriDI’s three main objectives are as follows:
- AGriDi intends to increase the uptake of agri-based digital technologies for farmers and SMEs, most especially for women and youth in West Africa.
- AGriDi intends to make strong linkages between policymakers in the industry and research communities in digital innovations in West Africa.
- AGriDI intends to strengthen the policy environment for scaling agri-businesses in West Africa.
Categories of Grant Award for the AGriDI Grants for Digital Innovations in West Africa.
Categories in which award will be given are as follows
- Category 1: To support the adaptation of digital solutions to help agricultural productivity.
- Category 2: To support and establish market linkages for farmers through digital solutions.
- Category 3: To develop through the support of the policies of digital innovative solutions.
What You Stand to Gain from the AGriDI Grants for Digital Innovations in West Africa.
- AGriDi will provide grants to the selected applicants.
- AGriDi will create opportunities to meet key stakeholders in diverse areas of digital technologies and agroecological systems.
- Grant Size per project is EUR 150,000 – 300,000
Eligibility and Requirements for the AGriDI Grants for Digital Innovations in West Africa.
- Small and medium enterprises and startup owners should be legally incorporated.
- Countries eligible to send in their proposal are Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Mali, NIger, Liberia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Cabo Verde.
- Participants should have been established at least since 2017 in West Africa.
- Participants should have directly implemented innovative projects.
- Participants should have at least two grants for research and innovation activities, of Over EUR 75,000 each for two years.
- Participants will be responsible for the preparation and management of the activities
- Participants will be responsible for the implementation of the proposal including joint activities with those who will benefit.
- Participants should also include organizations or individuals that may have contributed to their proposal and list them as collaborators of the proposal. The Collaborators will not directly receive funds from the grant except for travel-related costs. If awarded, the participant will have fiduciary on the Project.
- Participants are to submit one proposal per grant category and will not be awarded more than one grant.
Participants can click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official page of AGriDI Grants for Digital Innovations in West Africa.