Apply now for the Archipelagos Capacity Building Program 2024 for Young Entrepreneurs. The Archipelagos is an international cooperation program launched by Cassa Depositi e Prestiti, the Italian Financial Institution for International Development Cooperation, with the support of the European Commission.
The Archipelagos calls for application, and up to 1000+ SMEs will be selected across the African continent to join a capacity-building program designed to strengthen their capabilities and increase their readiness for capital markets.
Inspired by the Team Europe Initiative of Investing in Young Business in Africa (TEI IYBA), young university graduates and young entrepreneurs will have access to the capacity-building Program to strengthen their business skills and sharpen their knowledge.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Archipelagos Capacity Building Program
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be Africa-based or have operations in Africa.
- Participants must have an annual turnover of up to USD 50 million, with a minimum threshold of USD 1m to be eligible for the financial guarantee.
- Participants must be in operation for at least two (2) years.
- Participant’s companies must be a for-profit corporation (or another type of for-profit legal person).
- Participants must not be subject to any sanction or restriction.
What You Stand to Gain from the Archipelagos Capacity Building Program
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected SMEs will receive specialized support for raising funds in the capital markets through innovative debt instruments supported by a guarantee facility from the European Commission.
- Selected SMEs will embark on a tailored learning journey through the Archipelagos digital platform.
- Selected SMEs will have access to where they will have training, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
- Selected participants will have the opportunity to pursue the chance to access debt capital to finance their growth.
- Selected participants will explore potential collaborations and partnerships that can support them in achieving their business objectives.
- Selected participants will connect with other businesses and establish valuable connections.
- Selected participants will receive guidance and support from experienced professionals to achieve their goals.
The application deadline is the 30th of June, 2024.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Archipelagos Capacity Building Program.