Apply now for the 2024 Arrell Food Innovation Awards for Global Excellence in Food Innovation (125,000 CAD). Applications are now open for the 2024 Arrell Food Innovation Awards.
Participants have been awarded annually since 2018 for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards, which recognize unique approaches and achievements of individuals and organizations around the globe. The two prizes of 100,000 CAD are awarded in these categories: research innovation and community engagement innovation.
Arrell Food Institute recognizes global leaders who are ensuring future food security for the planet and hopes to inspire new leaders to take bold steps toward change. Scientific excellence and community engagement are necessary to overcome the challenges our world will face in feeding 9 billion people and beyond.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Arrell Food Innovation Awards
Participants are to meet the following:
- Participants nominated must have made exceptionally significant and documented contributions to either our scientific understanding related to food production, distribution, and sales, human nutrition/consumption, or at the community level in markedly improving nutrition, including access to or distribution of food.
- The nomination package must demonstrate how the individual or group being nominated played a critical leadership role in achieving the above-noted contributions.
- The nomination package should not be a proposal or a funding request.
- Nominees must be able to attend the award ceremony and ancillary events.
What You Stand to Gain
Selected participants will receive the following:
- This first award recognizes a researcher, or group of researchers, who has an advanced understanding of food production, processing, distribution, consumption, safety, and human nutrition with a significant positive impact on society.
- This second award recognizes an individual or group who has contributed to improved nutritional health and food security with a focus on strengthening disadvantaged communities.
- The selected participants will each receive a 100,000 CAD award.
The application deadline is the 5th of March, 2024.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Arrell Food Innovation Awards.