The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the 12th edition of the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sector leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for an open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues. Youths are invited to apply for the 2023 Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Program.
The Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Program is for Young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa, who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields; who want to contribute to shaping the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society, and many other areas; who are eager to network with their peers and older; and who seek to foster and strengthen ties across the Atlantic.
About the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders (ADEL)
Through its Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Program (ADEL), PCNS promotes intergenerational dialogue during its conference and beyond between leading experts, senior officials, and high-potential change-makers because it is crucial to involve young leaders in policy-making and in shaping narratives.
Two days before the Atlantic Dialogue conference, PCNS hosts its signature young professionals program, called ADEL. Between 30 and 50 young leaders from Africa and the Atlantic Basin participate in this program each year. These young leaders have proven themselves to be capable of leading and strongly care about the social and economic problems that affect both their local communities and the rest of the globe. 40 young professionals will be chosen to take part in the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Program in 2023.
The Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders (ADEL) program will hold from December 11-13, 2023 in Marrakech, Morocco.
The Emerging Leaders will then join the Atlantic Dialogues Conference from December 14th to 16th.
To be considered for the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders program, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be between the ages of twenty-five and thirty-five (included) on May 4th, 2023, the day the applications for the program open.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Europe, or the Caribbean – citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin will be given priority. Also eligible are applicants who are citizens from other countries who have residency in countries of the regions listed above.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English in their personal statement and a short video.
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 11th to 16th, in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form. This form should include the following materials by Tuesday, June 20th at 11:59 pm Moroccan time (GMT+1):
- A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions to and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
- The link to a minute Youtube video addressing the following:
– Introduce yourself
– What drives you in the work that you do?
– How do you address the challenges you face in your leadership role?
- You will have to upload/record a Youtube video that will only be visible to recipients of the link.
- All documents submitted must be written in English.
- Please make sure you start your application early as the PCNS will not be responsible for technical issues that prevent you from submitting your application on time.
- Kindly note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline. There will be no exceptions made.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
The criteria for selection of the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders are:
- A selection committee will review the applications and will respond up to 2- months post-deadline. Please note that selection will be conducted on a competitive basis.
- The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
* Professional achievement and professional growth
* Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
* Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
* Commitment to global, Atlantic, and/or local engagement
* Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogue and Emerging Leaders networks
* Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through the personal statement and a short video)
Emerging Leaders are required to attend the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Program and Atlantic Dialogues Conference. Therefore, participants should be able and willing to
- Travel to Marrakesh, Morocco to attend the convening from December 11th to 16th 2023; departure is planned for December 17th.
- Emerging Leaders are required to take part in ALL of the conference and program activities and be willing to actively engage with the other participants;
- Emerging Leaders are committed to acting as ambassadors of the program and actively participating in the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders (ADEL) community following the end of the program;
- As active stewards of the program, Emerging Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Policy Center for the New South post-event to evaluate and refine the agenda for future cohorts.
To apply for the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Program, click on Form, sign up, and fill out your information appropriately.
The submission for the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program deadline is on Tuesday, June 20th, 2023.
Types of opportunity: Funding
Deadline: 20 June 2023
Open to: Ages 25 to 35 years
Duration: 6 days
Location: Marrakesh, Morocco
Organizer: The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS)
Country: Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Europe, or the Caribbean
- Read the testimonies of the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders’ past participants by clicking Testimonies
- For questions about the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders program visit FAQ
- For more questions email email@example.com
- for more information about the Atlantic Dialogue Emerging Leaders Visit PCNS