Apply now for the 2024 AWIEF-Nedbank South Africa Program for Women-Owned Small and Medium Sized Enterprises. Applications are now open for the 2024 AWIEF-Nedbank South Africa program.
The program was established in 2017. The AWIEF Growth Accelerator is a flagship enterprise development program designed to support early-stage and high-growth-oriented women-owned and women-led small and medium-sized enterprises (WSMEs) with growth strategy training, corporate advisory, mentoring, networks, and access to finance.
The 2024 AWIEF-Nedbank South Africa program seeks to enhance the readiness of women to access funding opportunities and scale up their businesses in the agriculture and green economy sectors through the provision of tailored business development services, tools, mentoring, and skills development.
For the 2024 cohort, applications are invited from WSMEs operating in agribusiness, agro-processing, green energy, and climate-smart solutions. Technology-based and tech-enabled businesses are highly encouraged to apply.
Eligibility and Requirements for the AWIEF-Nedbank South Africa Program
Participants are to meet the following:
Businesses must meet the following criteria to be eligible for selection.
- South African Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs) or Qualifying Small Enterprises (QSEs); at least 51% female black-owned
- Participants must operate in agriculture (agribusiness, agro-processing), green economy, and climate-smart solutions.
- Participant’s businesses must be in a post-revenue phase.
- Their solutions must be scalable and highly innovative ventures.
- Participant’s businesses must be in operation for a minimum of three years.
- Participants must own or lead their businesses and are ambitious and committed women entrepreneurs.
- Participant’s businesses must be seeking investment or funding to scale.
The application deadline is the 3rd of March 2024.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the AWIEF-Nedbank South Africa Program.