Apply now for the BUILD PHED Leadership Program 2024 for young Southern Africans. The BUILD is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The BUILD is a project led by the African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) in partnership with Leadership for Environment and Development Southern and Eastern Africa (LEAD SEA), PATH Foundation Philippines Inc. (PFPI), FHI 360, and Pan-African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA). The program is a global initiative designed to leverage the interconnectedness of Population, Health, Environment, and Development (PHED), to spur sustained financial resources, strong political commitment, and accountability for voluntary family planning and reproductive health in low- and middle-income countries.
The BUILD project is initiating a Leadership Program to develop and nurture the next generation of PHED leaders, focusing on women and young people. The program invites participants from four regions to conduct training for various cohorts in BUILD’s hub countries in Kenya, Malawi, Cote d’Ivoire, and the Philippines. The program will target young people, particularly women, from government, local, national, regional, and international agencies, civil society organizations (CSOs), and the private sector, or individuals with the potential to implement and support PHED-related initiatives.
Eligibility and Requirements for the BUILD PHED Leadership Program
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Participants must be proficient in English.
- Participants must have at least a high school degree from a recognized school, or other relevant qualifications.
- Participants with experience in cross-sectoral programming or planning, analytical skills, and computer application knowledge will be an added advantage.
- The applications will be reviewed by a panel of PHED and gender and youth experts and notice those who indicate serious interest and demonstrate some steps already taken to pursue a professional path in gender, environment, health, family planning, and community development sectors.
What You Stand to Gain from the BUILD PHED Leadership Program
Selected participants will receive the following:
The cost of travel (including airline tickets and ground transfer fees), visas, accommodation, medical incidentals, and all meals (or daily subsistence allowance for meals) for the duration of the initial training event.
The application deadline is the 15th December, 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the BUILD PHED Leadership Program 2024.