Apply now for the Business Incubation Program of the Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC) 2024. The Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC) intends to provide support for African entrepreneurs with innovative solutions and businesses that will aid in the mitigation or adaptation of climate change.
The Business Incubation Program focuses on five key economic sectors which are energy efficiency & renewable energy, solar power, climate-smart agriculture, domestic waste management, and water management and purification.
Furthermore, the program will provide special support to larger SMEs who plan to change their processes and methods of operations to be more sustainable. The incubator is a combination of in-house classes and practical work aimed at expanding and magnifying entrepreneurship professionalism and building insight into private enterprise to ensure entrepreneurs have what it takes to go the long haul with their businesses.
The School of Sustainable Entrepreneurship interventions include a “High-Value Mini MBA” program, Portfolio management, Market growth and Access Intelligence briefs, Financial & technical Grants, an Investor readiness program, Climate-smart technology, product development, and Environmental and social safeguards, Due Diligence and Audits.
Through its interventions, the School of Sustainable Entrepreneurship will challenge the mindset of its entrepreneurs, cultivating and strengthening their focus on sustainable commercial success, and their contribution to the long-term implications of their activity in Ghana, Africa, and the world.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Business Incubation Program
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants’ businesses must be legally registered and operational in Ghana for at least three (3) years.
- Participants must have full-time employees, not fewer than three (3).
- Participants must have a minimum annual gross revenue of GHC 450,000 in the last two fiscal years.
- Participants must operate in one of the five (5) sectors of GCIC.
- Meanwhile, businesses outside the five (5) sectors with an interest in greening their operations can also apply.
- Participants who are women-led businesses and are focused on water management & purification, especially those providing solutions to the water pollution menace of galamsey in Ghana, are particularly encouraged to apply.
What You Stand to Gain from the Business Incubation Program
Selected participants will receive the following:
- At the end of the incubation, a graduation ceremony is held, and entrepreneurs are awarded a certificate of participation.
- Participants receive training on market growth and Access Intelligence briefs.
- Selected participants will receive financial & technical Grants.
- Selected participants will be part of an Investor readiness program to help with their product development.
The application deadline is the 10th of January, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Business Incubation Program of the Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC).