Apply now for the Civicus Digital Action Lab 2024 for civil society organizations from the Global South (USD 30,000 grant). Applications are now open for the Civicus Digital Action Lab (DAL) 2024.
The Civicus Digital Action Lab (DAL) initiative empowers civil society actors in countries facing restricted civic space with the skills, resources, and confidence to take effective action for inclusive democracy.
The Civicus Digital Action Lab will cultivate real-world pilot projects that strengthen the organizing, advocacy, and campaign capacities of participating civil society groups in the Global South, including via enhanced collaboration with local allies.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Civicus Digital Action Lab
Participants must meet the following:
- All participants from the civil society organizations from the Global South that are actively involved in advancing inclusive democracy civic space are welcome to apply.
- Participants from organizations representing historically excluded groups, such as rural communities, indigenous peoples, women, youth, and the LGBT+ community, are encouraged to apply or be nominated and will make up at least 50% of each cohort.
- The Digital Action Lab (DAL) is encouraging and will be prioritizing organizations from countries with restricted civic space.
- The Digital Action Lab (DAL) seeks to collaborate with those who are committed to shaping and testing digital interventions to strengthen their organizing, advocacy, and campaign capacities or other organizational systems and capabilities that underpin this work.
What You Stand to Gain from the Civicus Digital Action Lab
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Participants will be in an initial in-person co-creation workshop to define their DAL cohort’s joint priorities and ways of working together, along with a discovery process to identify the focus of their specific pilot project.
- Participants will have the opportunity to improve their skills through tailored workshops and training plans that address the needs and challenges of their organization.
- The DAL will help participants to unlock their digital potential.
- Participants will receive funding and support to find the digital tools and approaches to overcome persistent challenges or turbo-charge their existing practices.
- Participants will access a grant ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 to fund their costs of participating in the DAL and their DAL pilot project.
- This combination of settings and formats maximizes opportunities for engagement with the DAL team, peer learning, and community building.
The application deadline is the 30th of January 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of CivicusCivicus Digital Action Lab 2024.