A Call for Projects for the Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA) 2024. The program is a global technical assistance program funded by the UK government to support climate-smart projects to access finance.
The CFA is operational in ten (10) countries: Nigeria, Colombia, South Africa, Egypt, Uganda, Türkiye, Mexico, Peru, Pakistan, and Viet Nam to encourage the flows of finance required to deliver on every country’s ambition to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
In South Africa, the CFA will bring together the main players in the climate finance investment chain: project proponents and developers, finance providers, and policymakers. It aims to facilitate a collaborative approach to unlock finance for climate projects to scale and create low-carbon projects.
The CFA also seeks to deliver several co-benefits, such as supporting a just transition through green economy efforts to an inclusive approach to sustainable development, improved social transformation, and a structured resilience to climate impacts.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Climate Finance Accelerator
Participants must meet the following:
- Participant’s solutions must be designed to achieve measurable climate outcomes in terms of facilitating greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- Participants must have a minimum total financing need of US$4M.
- Participants must be at the technical pre-feasibility stage of development.
- Participants must have a business model to generate commercially sustainable returns in the long term.
- Participant’s projects should be able to demonstrate positive social impacts and how they can contribute to furthering gender equality and social inclusion (including financial inclusion for marginalized social groups).
- Participants must have good leadership, sound governance, and be able to manage the project, including systems to monitor and measure progress against stated targets and goals.
What You Stand to Gain from the Climate Finance Accelerator
Selected participants will receive the following:
- The CFA will provide selected participants with considerable opportunities to access finance by working with potential investors to understand their needs.
- The CFA will provide selected participants access to expert insight, awareness training, coaching, and mentorship.
- Selected participants will have the opportunity to expand their network with investors and other key stakeholders in the climate finance landscape.
- Participation in the CFA and CFA events can raise the profile of a project amongst a range of stakeholders, from regional and national policymakers to local and international finance providers.
- The CFA will support selected participants to realize and communicate their positive impacts, and commercial objectives.
Application Process for the Climate Finance Accelerator
The application deadline is 17th November 2023.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Climate Finance Accelerator (CFA) 2024.