Entries for the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards. The program was launched by the Commonwealth Secretary-General in 2019. The program was set to recognize innovations from Commonwealth countries that have contributed to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The program is for citizens and organizations from the 56 Commonwealth countries. The award will focus on celebrating those who made impactful innovations that have improved people’s lives, promoted peace, protected the planet, and strengthened sustainable development.
The award will have an independent jury to judge the entries and pick 15 winners, three each from the Commonwealth region from five categories. The category is structured around five pillars of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, People, Peace, Planet, Prosperity, and Partnership.
The award will be announced by the Commonwealth Secretary-General, Rt Hon Patricia Scotland KC. Everyone is encouraged to take part in this opportunity. The program will be held during the inaugural Commonwealth Edition of Kenya Innovation Week 2023 in Nairobi on the 27th of November.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation
- The award will focus on innovation that has improved the lives of people.
- The award will focus on innovations that have protected the peace of the people, planet, and prosperity, strengthening Sustainable development.
Objectives for the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation
- Entries that are submitted should highlight the innovations that have the potential to enhance Sustainable Development Goals.
- Participants should have investments in innovations led by governments, women, businesses, and young people across the Commonwealth.
- Participants should show the depth of talent and creativity that exists across the Commonwealth by highlighting innovative award winners in their entries.
- Participants are to encourage and challenge others to develop innovations that will service the SDGs.
What You Stand to Gain from the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation
- The winners, of the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards, will each receive a trophy, a certificate of recognition, and a cash prize of £3,000.
Click here to submit an entry.
The entry deadline for the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards is on the 15th of October.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards.