Apply now for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work. Partnered with The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust (QCT) to recognize and celebrate youths who make impacts and sustainable development work in their environment.
The program is organized by The Commonwealth Youth program to offer a special award prize to an eligible applicant. Participants are to highlight the contributions youths make to development work, mainly through Sustainable Development Goals. The program aims to encourage and sustain investments in youth-led developments.
See Also: The Malta ClimAccelerator Program
The program seeks participants who will illustrate the talent, commitment, and creativity that exist among youths across the commonwealth. The program aims to encourage and set high standards for work in communities, and at international levels.
The basis for deciding the award would be the level of impact, level of innovation, fresh approaches to problem-solving, quality of achievement, quality of the evidence provided, and sustainability.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Commonwealth Youth Awards
- Participants nominated must have engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- The participant nominated must be a commonwealth citizen, and the development work must be carried out in a commonwealth member country.
- Participants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who does development work.
- Participants must be the founder or a co-founder of a social enterprise.
What You Stan to Gain from the Commonwealth Youth Awards
- There will be four finalists for each Commonwealth region, and the top winner will be named Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2023.
- The 20 Selected finalists will each receive a £1,000 grant, a trophy, and a certificate.
- The selected top 5 regional winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000), a trophy, and a certificate.
- The selected Pan-Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £5,000), a trophy, and a certificate.
- The selected winner of QCT will receive two years of flexible funding at £20,000 and a year of coaching opportunities.
Application Process for the Commonwealth Youth Awards
Participants are to register an account on the Commonwealth Youth Awards platform. Start an entry and save it in progress until you are ready to submit. All entries are to be submitted when completed.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Commonwealth Youth Awards.