Apply for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program. It’s a great opportunity for small businesses to receive valuable training that will elevate their business and potentially secure grant funding.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program (DBNETP) is an important program run by the Development Bank of Nigeria. It happens every year and is considered their most significant initiative. The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program focuses on helping small and medium-sized businesses in Nigeria to grow and succeed. Capacity building, which means developing and improving skills and knowledge, is a primary goal of the Development Bank of Nigeria. Through partnerships and its Learning Management System (LMS), the bank has successfully trained more than 2000 businesses across Nigeria, using both digital and in-person methods.
The main goals of the annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme are as follows:
- Empower MSMEs with the necessary skills and abilities to create strong and viable business proposals.
- Enhance the ability of MSMEs to obtain credit that is available to them.
- Strengthen the capacity of MSMEs to effectively utilize funds, engage in trade and investments, and access markets efficiently.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program employs a combination of virtual and in-person training, providing a blended learning experience.
- Virtual Training: The virtual training component consists of a self-paced curriculum covering essential business principles. It is divided into 9 modules and delivered through the DBN learning management platform on the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training: This is an intensive 5-day practical training conducted in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt. The curriculum for the onsite training is tailored to the specific needs identified through a needs assessment of the selected businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this training.
- Pitching Session: All participating businesses will have the opportunity to present their business value proposition. From the pool of participants, 25 businesses will be chosen to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
Training Programme Process Flow
- Registration: All applicants are required to register on the DBN BizAid application.
- Mandatory Courses: Applicants must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning Management Platform and achieve an average score of 70% on all quizzes. The courses to be completed are:
a. Accounting & Bookkeeping,
b. Sustainability for MSMEs,
c. Marketing and Sales Techniques,
d. Credit Management/Access to Finance.
- Face-to-Face Training Application: Applicants who have successfully completed the 4 courses within the specified deadline will receive an email containing a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Application Confirmation: Upon submission of the application form, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant within 24 hours, acknowledging receipt of the application.
- Screening and Shortlisting: Applicants will undergo a screening process, and based on the eligibility criteria, a pool of shortlisted candidates will be created.
- Selection: The selection of participants will be carried out from the pool of shortlisted applications using specific selection criteria.
- Communication with Successful Applicants: Successful applicants will be notified of their selection via email to the provided email address and a phone call to the provided phone number on the application form.
- Training Commencement: The training will commence on specified dates in consecutive order in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt.
To be considered eligible for the onsite training of the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
• The owner of the business must be 18 years of age or older.
• The business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
• The business must be based in Nigeria.
• The business must be a for-profit enterprise operating in any sector.
• Applicants must be available and committed to the training schedule upon acceptance.
In order to qualify for financing from DBN, Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a valid and duly issued license from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to conduct banking or finance company operations.
- Demonstrate a track record of two years of profitable lending operations within the three most recent financial years. This should be accompanied by effective risk management procedures, controls, and acceptable levels of loan portfolio quality and performance.
- To understand the Eligibility Criteria please CLICK HERE
- To complete the eligibility Criteria Questionnaire (ECQ), kindly CLICK HERE
The selection of participants for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme will be based on the following criteria:
- Bankability: The level of readiness of the business to access credit will be assessed. This includes evaluating factors such as the financial stability of the business, creditworthiness, and the ability to meet loan repayment obligations.
- Feasibility and Sustainability: The feasibility and sustainability of the business model will be considered. This involves examining the viability of the business idea, its potential for long-term success, and the ability to generate sustainable profits.
- Scalability: The potential for business growth and job creation will be evaluated. Businesses that demonstrate scalability, meaning they have the potential to expand operations, increase revenue, and create employment opportunities, will be given priority.
Registration and online training on the DBN Biz Aid:
Start Date: 06-May
End Date: Ongoing
The application process for face-to-face training:
Start Date: 10-Jul
End Date: 17-Jul
Selection and announcement of shortlisted participants for the face-to-face training:
Start Date: 24-Jul
End Date: 25-Jul
Face-to-Face training in Abuja:
Start Date: 31-Jul
End Date: 04-Aug
Face-to-Face Training in Lagos:
Start Date: 14-Aug
End Date: 18-Aug
Face-to-Face Training in Port Harcourt:
Start Date: 25-Aug
End Date: 01-Sep
How to apply
To apply for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program click on the registration link and register with a valid email to get started
Types of opportunity: Training Programme
Worth: N500,000 for each business.
Open to: Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) from any sector.
Duration: virtual and 5-day onsite
Location: The onsite are conducted in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Organizer: Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN)
What this short documentary about the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program https://youtu.be/-ivFbAnZjV4
For questions about the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program visit FAQ
For quick contact reach out to
8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Head Office: The Clan Place,
Plot 1386A Tigris Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Liaison Office: Plot 952/953 Idejo Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
For more information visit the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program