Apply now for the develoPPP Ventures Ideas Competition 2024. The competition is for African entrepreneurs with innovative ideas. Suitable start-ups to be funded through develoPPP Ventures are selected during an open call for applications.
The competition takes place twice a year and is available to start-ups that meet the criteria for participation. The funding contract will be concluded with one of the following partners, DEG Impulse gGmbH or Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
DEG Impulse gGmbH and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH funds from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) will support young companies to scale their innovative businesses in selected emerging markets that create positive impact and will contribute to achieving the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Eligibility and Requirements for the develoPPP Ventures Ideas Competition
Participants must meet the following:
- Participant’s companies must be registered in their target country or should register there before the co-financed growth investment.
- Participants must have an innovative business model and are already generating initial revenues with proof of concept.
- Participant business model must have high development relevance and scalability.
- Participants business model must contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The current develoPPP Ventures call is only open in Kenya, Nigeria, and Tanzania.
The application deadline is the 31st of December, 2023.
Click here to apply now.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the develoPPP Ventures Ideas Competition 2024.