The Digital Green Innovation Acceleration (DGIx) program by the WPF Innovation Accelerator 2023 is looking for high-impact digital ventures and projects to help solve the most pressing environmental issues in selected countries. The Digital Green and Innovation Program is looking for young innovators and allowing them to help address climate change and biodiversity in low and middle-income countries.
The Digital Green Innovation Acceleration (DGIx) program by the WPF Innovation Accelerator 2023 and the Smart Development Fund (SDF), powered by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union (EU).
The program intends to use a “twin transition” approach to recognize the role of using technology, and data to drive sustainability and scalability. Digitization and sustainability strategies will be used together to help the environment and enable the transformation to create a strong and flexible economy. The accelerator will select ventures and solution providers who will receive financial, technical, and mentorship training with support from WPF Innovation Accelerator and SDF. The DGIx aims to support technology-powered solutions.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator has a record of over 45 flagship innovation boot camps, supporting over 395 teams to help refine their innovations, field testing 120 projects, and scaling innovations. WFP calls on innovators to join a high-impact network of disruptive innovations that have reached over 37 million people in 2022 alone.
The SDF has so far, supported, and scaled 8 digital solutions from the global south while expanding and impacting 32 countries, and has partnered with over 360 institutions from the public, private, and social sectors, benefiting 1.5 million, and reaching 13 million individuals.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Digital Green Innovation Acceleration (DGIx) Program
DGIx intends to use the above connection between digitization and climate change to help innovators develop digital tools to help climate in these areas:
- Participators should be able to reduce potential damages and see the vulnerability in climate change.
- Participators should be able to mitigate and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Participators should be resilient in anticipating, preparing, and recovering while incurring minimal damages.
What You Stand to Gain from the Digital Green Innovation Acceleration (DGIx) Program
- Selected ventures will have support, and access to network and funding, coaching & mentorship to help them scale.
- The accelerators’s geographical interest are Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, and Togo.
- Selected ventures and solutions will be invited to a virtual 4-day WFP Innovation Bootcamp in December 2023, and will attend an in-person pitch event in Kigali, Rwanda, on 30-31 January 2024.
- Selected ventures will be invited to apply to the WFP Sprint Program, a six-month acceleration program with access to up to US$ 230,000 in equity-free funding.
Application Process for the Digital Green Innovation Acceleration (DGIx) Program
- Please fill in the Application Form to submit your application before 24 September 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (CET).
- If you know a relevant venture or solution for us to consider for this program, fill out this Referral Submission Form.
- An information session will be on 19 September from 2:00 – 3:00 pm (CET) to answer any questions, register here.
- Participators will participate in a virtual WFP Innovation Bootcamp in December 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Digital Green Innovation Acceleration (DGIx) program.