Apply now for the 2024 Dot Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board for Young Emerging Leaders. Applications are now open for the DOT Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board.
The DOT Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board (GYLAB) is a vibrant and innovative initiative designed to empower young individuals within the DOT network.
The GYLAB focuses on providing strategic advice and guidance, engaging in collaborative design for impactful outcomes, and representing the voices of youth in local communities where DOT operates across Africa, the UK, and the Middle East.
With a pan-African identity and a global perspective, the GYLAB aims to offer diverse youth perspectives, strategic direction, and concrete feedback sourced from local youth experiences, thereby enhancing current and future DOT programs. The ultimate goal is to make a profound impact on the lives of millions of youth worldwide.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Dot Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board
Participants are to meet the following:
- Participants must be between the ages of 25 – 35.
- Participants must be able to demonstrate commitment to the Mission and Vision of DOT.
- Participants must demonstrate proficiency in Business/ Entrepreneurship, ICT and technology, youth leadership and empowerment, and social entrepreneurship.
- Participants must have a background in social entrepreneurship, innovation, and digital business.
- Participants should be able to able to commit to at least 7 hours per month.
- Participants should be able to connect virtually for meetings, activities, and events.
- Participants must have proficiency in English and strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Participants should have a great understanding of and active participation in social media platforms.
- Participants should have a track record of innovative problem-solving in areas related to youth empowerment, youth leadership, and digital technology.
- Participants should have solid networking skills to build connections and facilitate collaborations with diverse groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Participants must have a proven record of advocating for youth.
- Participants must be sensitive to diversity and committed to creating inclusive spaces for advocating the voices of underrepresented groups within the youth demographics.
- Participants should be ready for a commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Eligible Countries: Zambia, Malawi, Côte D’Ivore, Kenya, Ethiopia, United Kingdom, Jordan
The application deadline is the 5th of February, 2024.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Dot Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board.