Apply now for the Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award 2024 for entrepreneurial initiatives (USD 700,000 Prize). The 2024 Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award will support social entrepreneurs working on a hybrid delivery model to improve low-income people’s access to quality primary healthcare in low- and middle-income countries.
The Swiss Re Foundation invites applications from social entrepreneurs who aim to improve low-income people’s access to quality primary healthcare in LMICs by offering a hybrid delivery model that combines a physical point of care and supportive digital tools.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must demonstrate high levels of social impact and be able to measure it reliably.
- Participants must have a deep understanding of the specific circumstances of the women as well as the men they serve. Priority will be given to enterprises that are gender-inclusive.
- Participants must operate in countries defined as low-income or lower-middle-income by the World Bank.
- Participants must operate on a market basis.
- Participants must have been formally established by 2021, serve at least 20,000 people, and have the potential to reach at least 100,000 people in the next two years.
- Participants must have a solid management team in which responsibilities are well-defined and distributed. It should also have a diverse, well-structured workforce.
- Preference will be given to ventures with at least one female founder or at least 30% women in the management team.
- Participants must comply with the legal framework of the country or countries in which they operate and be allowed to receive grant funding from a Swiss nongovernmental organization such as the Swiss Re Foundation.
What You Stand to Gain from the Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive a total grant of USD 700,000 for the three finalists.
- The finalist who wins the People’s Choice Award, determined by a public online vote, will be invited to connect with potential investors at an event hosted by Sankalp Forum, one of the world’s largest platforms for impact enterprises.
- Participants will receive tailored non-financial support for all three finalists, for instance.
- Selected participants will receive training, advisory, data-gathering, and analysis to improve business operations and strategy from LeFil Consulting representatives and others.
- Selected participants with potential eligibility for follow-up funding from the UBS Optimus Foundation.
- Selected participants will have access to a network of like-minded peers with whom to share knowledge or experiences and from whom to learn on topics relevant to the initiative.
The application deadline is the 23rd of January, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Swiss Re Foundation Entrepreneurs for Resilience Award 2024.