Apply now for the Alliance of Small Island States Fellowship 2024. The program is for young Professionals who will be fully funded in New York City. The program was made to meet SIDS and provide a unique opportunity for young professionals from the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) countries.
Selected participants will get hands-on training and experience in matters of law, policy, and science and build enduring capacity in AOSIS member governments to engage in international processes.
The fellows will work at their UN Permanent Mission in New York and will receive complete training on climate change, oceans, environmental protection, and sustainable development issues and gain real-world negotiation experience working with their national delegations and AOSIS at related UN conferences.
At the end of the Programme, participants will return to their home country having developed the skills and knowledge that they would need to continue to engage on these issues and in the international process as other Fellows have done before them.
Eligibility and Requirement for the AOSIS Fellowship
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be a national of an AOSIS country.
- Participants must be 25-32 years old.
- Participants should hold a degree in these fields: international relations, international law, environment, climate change, sustainable development, fisheries, oceans, finance, etc.
- Participants must have 1-3 years of experience working in national government or a regional or international organization.
- Participants must be committed to work in the national government after the Fellowship.
- Participants must demonstrate discretion and sound judgment in dealing with politically sensitive issues in a diplomatic environment.
- Participants must demonstrate excellent academic record and writing skills.
- Participants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
What You Stand to Gain from the AOSIS Fellowship
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive a roundtrip economy airfare ticket to New York City.
- Selected participants will be on a fixed settling-in allowance of $5,000.
- Selected participants will be given a laptop computer, and cell phone for use while an AOSIS Fellow.
- Those selected will be placed on a monthly stipend of $4,000.
- They will be given a travel budget to cover the costs of attending major international meetings.
The application deadline is the 8th of December, 2023.
Click here to apply now.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) Fellowship 2024.