Apply now for the Gered Gereedschap for Vocational Education and Entrepreneurship 2024. The Gered Gereedschap has announced a call for proposals to promote vocational education and entrepreneurship.
Gered Gereedschap is a Dutch NGO that has been making stable efforts for vocational men and women in developing countries for the last 40 years. The NGO has supported projects that go on to strengthen technical vocational education and entrepreneurship in Africa. Their support has always been practical, tangible, and comprehensive. They provide tool sets and machines for schools and fully equipped sewing workshops for the education of technical vocational teachers, with the sole purpose of promoting technical craftsmanship as a basis for self-reliance.
The support for vocational training programs and projects that satisfy the demand for the local (labor) market is what the Gered Gereedschap is known for. Their target is Schools and projects that promote entrepreneurship with continual support to young people after training. Preference is also given to gender-orientated projects aimed at marginalized groups, cooperatives, ecological awareness, and environmental protection.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Gered Gereedschap
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must come from these focus countries: Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, and Malawi.
- The NGO will only support projects in which the target group takes the initiative and remains active in the preparation, decision-making, and implementation.
- The NGO offers free transport of the materials to the nearest international port if the support consists of tools, machines, or workshops.
- Participants will be responsible for the costs of customs clearance and transportation to their final destination.
- The purpose of this program is not to provide financial support, agricultural equipment, or household appliances.
- Selected participants will agree to an agreement with Gered Gereedschap in which the rights and obligations concerning the use, support, and reporting are laid down.
What You Stand to Gain from the Gered Gereedschap
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive support for vocational education and training programs by supplying hand tools, workshop machines, power tools, and sewing machines.
- The NGO will set up tool rental locations for quality tools.
- The NGO can arrange working space to provide vocational training or to start a small business.
The application deadline is March 1, 2024.
Click here to apply now.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Gered Gereedschap.