A call for applications for the DataCite Global Access Fund program 2023. Applications are now being accepted for the Global Access Fund, which will offer funding for innovative solutions for outreach initiatives and infrastructure growth to enable organizations in underrepresented communities and regions to utilize DataCite infrastructure services.
The Global Access Fund (GAF) was created to help organizations across the continent make their research outputs accessible. To help build capacity to provide training to research administrators and librarians on open infrastructure and service fundamentals (DOIs, metadata, APIs), implementation (e.g. DataCite API integration in repository and other systems, metadata curation), and proving the value of the connection to local infrastructure. Creation of new tools and systems (such as visualizations, statistics tools, metadata enrichment tools, CRIS systems, etc.) to maximize the value of the DataCite infrastructure.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Global Access Fund
Below are the requirements for the Global Access Fund:
- Applicants must be non-profit stakeholders from Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, or Asia.
- Applicants must be qualified to apply for their company (or other legal entity).
- Both DataCite member organizations and non-member organizations are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to applications from countries with low-income or middle income.
What You Stand to Gain from the Global Access Fund
The following funding amounts are available for individual initiatives in each of the three categories:
- Selected organizations in the activities of the outreach category will receive funding up to 10,000 EUR.
- Selected Organizations in the construction of infrastructure will receive funding for up to 20,000 EUR.
- Selected participants for up to 50,000 EUR.
Application deadline is on the 15th October, 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of The Global Access Fund.