Apply now for the HealthTech Hub Africa Accelerator Program 2024. The program will help accelerate and support healthcare startups to strengthen technological innovations in Africa. The program supports governments and startups to scale up and collaborate on data and innovations.
The HealthTech Hub Africa is a pan-Africa health-tech accelerator with a physical working space in Kigali, Rwanda. Participants will work on innovations to increase and fast the development of public health healthcare in Africa through collaboration with government partners and angel investors of global health.
The program will focus on supporting the African government in solving healthcare challenges, particularly low-income and disadvantaged populations. Participants will take part in an immersive innovation program, partner match-making with the public and private sectors, investment readiness masterclasses, and mentorship and will be allowed to test and prove their innovative solutions in the public health system.
Eligibility and Requirements for the HealthTech Hub Africa
Participants must meet the following:
- Startups in this stage must be pre- or post-revenue.
- Participant’s startups must be registered in Africa with an African founder operating in one of the four thematic areas.
- Startups will be expected to offer impactful products.
- Startups must be able to refine their business models, validate their solutions, and integrate them into the public health sector.
What You Stand to Gain from the HealthTech Hub Africa
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive expert masterclasses.
- Selected participants will receive media training, public speaking, and pitch practice sessions.
- Selected participants will receive community support and peer learning and collaboration opportunities.
- Selected participants will receive an invitation to networking meetups and hybrid events across Africa and beyond.
- Selected participants will get access to the HealthTech Hub Africa Impact Framework and training on its use.
- Selected participants will have their startup solution demos and opportunities to pitch during the HealthTech summits in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Selected participants will receive mentorship per startup with strong expertise.
- Selected participants will receive support in understanding national digital health strategies and roadmaps, and developing public-private partnerships.
- Selected participants will receive free access to world-class legal services, accounting, marketing, talent acquisition, and accelerated fundraising.
- Participants will receive an introduction to digital interoperability standards (e.g., HL7 FHIR/ WHO SMART Guidelines) to support public sector integration.
- Selected participants will receive access to the HTHA public-private network and will be provided pro bono technology credits, advisory, market access support, and funding opportunities.
- Selected participants will receive training and access to an interactive platform for growth-level support, allowing for better structuring and refinement of existing and new business models and preparation of executive summaries.
The application deadline is the 11th of December, 2023.
Click here to apply now.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the HealthTech Hub Africa Accelerator Program 2024.