A call for applications for the Africa Business Club Idea Pitch Competition 2023. The program is seeking a food start-up operating in Africa.
The competition is for black-owned food manufacturing businesses to secure funding, and mentorship to scale. The entrepreneur can use any format when applying. The presentation will be for 10 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of Q&A. Only one person from each team is allowed to present and answer questions.
All finalists must submit a one-page executive summary. The judges will review prior to the presentation, the format and contents of the executive summary are up to the entrepreneur.
The participant may provide exhibits (no more than 5 pages) within this document to help the judges understand your pitch. participants are to adhere to the page guidelines. Participants are to provide information for the judges to better understand their businesses.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Idea Pitch Competition
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- The business pitch must represent the original work of the team members.
- The business pitch must not contain any fabricated information about (but is not limited to) the background, experience, or education of the management team.
- The competition is open to African entrepreneurs based in Africa and black-owned entrepreneurs based in the United States.
- The competition is for African entrepreneurs who created, managed, and owned ventures in Africa or black-owned entrepreneurs in the United States.
- Companies must be less than 5 years old at the time of submitting their application.
- Participant’s teams must respect the rights of their opponents.
What You Stand to Gain from the Idea Pitch Competition
The prize money is as follows:
- The first selected participant will receive $2,500.
- The second selected participant will receive place: $1,500.
- Third selected participants will receive $1,000.
The application deadline is on October 13, 2023.
Click here to access the form.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Africa Business Club Idea Pitch Competition.