Are you a Nigerian youth between the age of 18 and 29, unemployed, or an aspiring agripreneur with a skillset? IFAD AgriHub Nigeria Youth Agripreneurship Apprentice Program (YAAP) is pleased to invite you for an opportunity that offers a detailed curriculum on agribusiness, networking, and mentoring for youth.
About IFAD AgricHub
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project focuses on developing the skills of unemployed Nigerian youth and aspiring agripreneurs to become self-employed or secure employment in agriculture. Through its various initiatives, the project aims to improve the livelihoods of youth in the rural economy. Agrihub intends to operate an inclusive model that provides opportunities for people with low levels of education.
The project is directed toward realizing IFAD’s vision of empowering African youth through the establishment of a network of youth-centered Agribusiness Hubs in Nigeria. These Hubs are intended to be transformational and integrate agricultural production and processing at two levels, one through imparting skill sets among employment track youth (70% of trainees), and another to equip and backstop young entrepreneurs (30% of trainees).
- Beneficiaries should be between the ages of 18 and 29.
Youth must be passionate about agriculture, especially renewable energy solutions relating to agriculture and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Siun/Ogere and Abeokuta, Ogun state (locations of the training facility) will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with specific disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
Applicants must be willing to undergo an internship in relevant machine fabrication companies.
- To encourage youth interest in agriculture, the IFAD’s Agrihub project in partnership with the BIC Farms Concepts is providing a solid curriculum on Soilless vegetable farming for youth (male and female).
- The program includes classroom teaching, practical learning in the field, and internships. Through the training, the selected beneficiaries gain insights into starting businesses or taking up employment in the agricultural industry.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you meet these criteria, kindly apply here
Types of opportunity: Training
Deadline: 2 May 2023
Open to: 18years – 29 years
Duration: 3 months
Location: Ogun State (Avocado Orchard) and Abeokuta, Ogun State (Soilless Vegetable Farming)
Organizer: AgriHub Nigeria
for questions contact them https://agrihub.youthagripreneurs.org/contact-us/
for more information visit AgriHub