A call for applications for the Innovation Makers Challenge (IMC) 2023. The IMC is an initiative of the Technology and Telecommunication Working Group (TTSWG). Whose main aim is to empower young innovators in the technology and telecommunication industry.
The Innovation Makers Challenge (IMC) is an original concept of the Telecommunication and Technology Sustainability Group (TTSWG). The selected participants from the boot camp will present their ideas at the Innovators Conference and Exhibition.
The IMC includes an Innovators Challenge, where young innovators nationwide will showcase their original technology ideas and products. The challenge will begin with an Innovators Boot Camp, where 20 selected participants will receive guidance and mentorship from industry experts.
Eligibility and Requirements from the Innovation Makers Challenge
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline
- Participants’ innovation must be in these categories; Fintech, Energy Tech, Assistive Tech, EdTech, AgroTech, Waste Management/Climate Innovation, (including Gaming apps/innovation).
- Participants must commit to attending the Innovation Conference and Exhibition in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Participants must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Innovations submitted must be made by an individual or a team of not more than five (5) individuals.
- Innovations must be novel and unique.
What You Stand to Gain from the Innovation Makers Challenge
Selected participants will stand to gain the following:
- The selected participant will win their share of the 3.5 million Naira cash prize.
- Selected participants will receive training from industry experts.
- Selected participants will exhibit their innovations and pitch them to investors, venture capitalists, C-suite executives, and industry experts.
- Selected participants will gain visibility through IMC’s traditional and digital media coverage.
- Selected participants will network with other innovators, tech enthusiasts, and industry experts.
The application deadline is Monday, October 16, 2023.
Click here to apply for the Innovation Makers Challenge (IMC).
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Innovation Makers Challenge (IMC).