Apply now for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) 2024. The YIPP is a free online training for young professionals. The program is academically designed by the London School of Insurance in conjunction with Africa Re to help foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa.
The main goal of this annual free online training programme is to offer brilliant Professionals the opportunity to accelerate their career development, thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The programme is a starting point for an exciting career in the insurance industry. Selected candidates for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a training programme yearly with a “stretch/learning assignment” built-in, where valuable on-the-job experience will be gained.
At the end of this programme, participants would be positively impacted in understanding the Reinsurance industry and their future missions regarding strong leadership, governance, and accountability. Participants will be able to reduce some poor practices and approaches by developing a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets and improving professionalism.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Insurance Professionals Programme
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be of a member state of Africa Re.
- Participants’ maximum age should be 35 years of age.
- Participants must have a bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Participants should have relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm, or other related field.
- Participants must have access to the Internet.
- Participants must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
What You Stand to Gain from the Insurance Professionals Programme
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Top Ten (10) selected participants will be sponsored by Africa Re, who complete the YIPP programme successfully, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF, OESAI, GAIF, FAIR).
- Selected participants will receive an e-certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance.
- Selected participants will receive accelerated career development in the insurance industry.
The application deadline is the 24th of January, 2024.
Click here to register.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) 2024.