The Irish Tech Challenge South Africa 2023 is powered by The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa, in partnership with Wits University Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct, the Technology Innovation Agency(TIA), and Dogpatch Labs Ireland.
The challenge calls on all tech sectors to apply, including companies in Biotec, MedTech, HealthTech, CleanTech, Circular Economy, Ed-Tech, GreenTech, and WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene).
The Irish Tech Challenge aims to support innovative ideas and foster entrepreneur connections between the South African and Irish ecosystems. The Tech Challenge is set to identify several high-potential impact-driven South African tech start-ups and provide them with mentoring and acceleration every year.
The program intends to create ties and collaboration between the tech and entrepreneurship ecosystems in Ireland and South Africa to provide a platform for both countries to thrive through cooperation and support.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Irish Tech Challenge
Applicants must meet the following:
- Applicant’s business should be either a post-revenue or pre-revenue
- The Challenge welcomes all sectors but is particularly interested in Clean/Green-Tech, Circular Economies, Med/Health/Biotech, Ed-Tech, and WASH (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene).
- Applicant’s innovative ideas should address one of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Irish Tech Challenge encourages women-led or youth-led businesses and businesses led by persons from historically disadvantaged communities to apply.
- Applicant’s businesses should have at least one full-time founder/CEO.
- Applicant’s venture should be 51% owned by a South African national.
- Applicants should be headquartered in South Africa or Ireland.
What You Stand to Gain from the Irish Tech Challenge
The Irish Tech Challenge will award five (5) compelling innovators with:
- Selected applicants will be awarded up to €10,000 in funding each.
- Selected applicants will go on funded networking trips to Ireland.
- Selected applicants will have access to Ireland’s top business leaders.
- Selected applicants will have access to the Irish tech ecosystem with potential opportunities for further funding.
- Selected applicants will gain acceleration support for a global scaling strategy in collaboration with Dogpatch Labs in Ireland.
Click here to apply for the Irish Tech Challenge. Applications for the Irish Tech Challenge will close on 29 September 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of Irish Tech Challenge 2023.