Apply now for the Iso Lomso Fellowship for African Researchers 2024. The fellowship is set to help early African researchers with doctoral degrees within the preceding seven years and who have held an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa.
Participants should have a research program and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-Ph.D. program in any discipline. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa or seeing towards the future and laying the foundations for tomorrow.
The fellowships provide a three-year attachment to STIAS to help fellows develop and conduct a long-term research program of their preference. The aim is to facilitate and support them towards becoming established scholars in their fields.
Eligibility Requirements for the Iso Lomso Fellowship
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be a national of any African country.
- Participants must be born after the 1st of January 1981.
- Participants must have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country and continue to do so for the foreseeable future;
- Participants have obtained a doctoral degree from any recognized higher education institution (worldwide) after the 1st of January 2016;
- Participants have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research program;
- Participants must be in a position to commence the first period of residency at STIAS in 2025.
What You Stand to Gain from the Iso Lomso Fellowship
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research project.
- There would possibility of a residency at a partner institute for advanced study elected participants will have the or other research-intensive institution abroad for selected participants.
- Selected participants will receive funding to attend two international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world.
- Selected will receive support to own their workshop with collaborators at STIAS or their home institution.
- Selected participants have lecturer replacements to subsidies for their home institution during residency periods.
The application deadline is 15th February 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Stias Iso Lomso fellowship.