A call for applications for the Kigoma Joint Programme Tanzania USD 200,000. The UNCDF is pleased to invite applications for Phase II of the Kigoma Joint Programme on Agriculture.
UNCDF expects to reach 15,000 smallholder farmers with access to finance for input needs and products to reduce post-harvest losses as part of interventions under the programme. The e-extension advisory services are intertwined with financial and digital literacy education. The UNCDF intends to help smallholder farmers with increased yields, better quality products, and market access.
The UNCDF will work with local implementing partners and private sector companies in providing bundled services in the form of access to finance and inputs to achieve this.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Kigoma Joint Programme
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be an entity registered to operate in Tanzania with at least three years of operations.
- Participants can apply only once.
- Participants must include any combination of NGO, Fintech, Ag-tech, and financial service providers.
- Participant’s solutions must complement different areas of expertise.
- The participants must have statutory accounts and audited financial statements for at least three operating years.
- NGO participants must currently have a presence in the Kigoma region with experience in management and saving groups and be open to working closely with private sector actors.
- Participants must have fulfilled all the obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or obligations relating to the payment of taxes by legal provisions in force in the country of incorporation.
What You Stand to Gain from the Kigoma Joint Programme
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive contributions from UNCDF ranging from 100,000 USD to 200,000 USD.
- The project is expected to have an Eighteen-month (1 year and six months) duration.
The application deadline is the 13th of November, 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Kigoma Joint Programme on Agriculture Tanzania.