Apply now for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education (US$ 25,000 Prize). The King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education seeks to recognize innovative solutions leveraging new technologies to expand educational and learning opportunities in their 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on education.
The program was launched in 2025 to support the Kingdom of Bahrain. The prize will reward individuals and organizations who use outstanding projects and promote the creative use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching, and overall educational performance in the digital age. An international Jury selects two best projects annually.
The Prize has a specific theme every year while being in line with UNESCO’s mandate and values and advocates for responsible and ethical use of information and communication technologies.
The theme for 2023 is Digital learning for greening education. The 2023 edition of the prize will maximize the impact of best practices in leveraging digital technologies to develop competencies and forge an active commitment to sustainable development among learners.
Eligibility and Requirements for the King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize
Participants must meet the following:
- Participant’s projects must be relevant to the theme of the year.
- The project should be ongoing for at least one (1) year.
- The project and its organization should not be affiliated with UNESCO or receive funding from UNESCO.
- The project should be public and free of charge.
What You Stand to Gain from the King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Each selected participant will receive US$ 25,000.
- Selected participants will receive a medal and a diploma during a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
The application deadline is the 5th of February 2024.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education.