A call for applications for the Rise Up Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program 2023. The global nonprofit Rise Up will select a group of local civil society leaders from Nigeria to participate in our Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator training program to advance gender equity and justice in 2024.
Creative leaders from Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nasarawa, or Kaduna states are invited to apply. The selected leaders will join our network of over 800 leaders who have successfully advocated for more than 185 new and improved laws and policies, impacting 160 million people globally.
The accelerator will competitively award grants to participating leaders and their organizations to encourage projects focusing on economic opportunity, such as advocating for financial inclusion for women through access to credit, job creation, leadership training, land rights and ownership, and inheritance rights.
The Ris-Up programme will select 25 visionary leaders after a competitive process to join the work to advance education, health, and economic opportunity. Rise-Up has developed an innovative hybrid, virtual and in-person model that will combine intensive capacity building, education, leadership development, project funding, and technical support to ensure the leaders can launch advocacy strategies to advance health, and economic opportunity for women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people in Nigeria.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants from the Civil Society leaders must be between the ages of 18-60 years old.
- Participants must currently work in Abuja FCT, Nasarawa, or Kaduna States, Nigeria.
- Participants must be interested in promoting gender equity broadly in the three priority areas of health, education, and economic opportunity for girls and women.
- Participants must represent or work closely with marginalized groups.
- Participants must be willing to participate in an in-person workshop with some virtual sessions pre and post-workshop.
- Participants must be working at a non-profit organization, civil society organization, media, or government organization.
- Participants must be at the management or coordination level and have decision-making power.
- Participants must have the support of the leaders of their organization to participate in the Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator.
- Participants must be legally registered in the country and set up to receive international funds.
- Participants must be proficient in oral and written English.
Application Process for the Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator
The application deadline is the 26th of November 2023.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Rise Up Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Program 2023.