Apply now for the LIFSA accelerator for civil society organizations South Africa. LIFSA is looking for individuals in social impact actions who are registered in the South to apply for LIFSA funding now.
The program seeks to analyze and support small-scale community-based initiatives for vulnerable children, youth, and women in Johannesburg townships.
LIFSA is a drive of the Government of the Principality of Monaco in partnership with the Alliance Française of Johannesburg and with the support of ILLIS Monaco, the Embassy of France in South Africa, and the Embassy of Switzerland in South Africa.
Eligibility and Requirements for LIFSA
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants eligible for the LIFSA program are civil society organizations as well as public or private entities with a social impact in the townships, are to submit projects in these fields: Education and vocational training, Health, Child Protection, Vocational training, Entrepreneurship, Food Security, Culture, and Sport.
- Participants must be registered in South Africa.
- Project ideas should cater to children under the age of six, youth, and women.
- The project should address gender gaps, people with disabilities should be included, environmental challenges, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Project ideas must align with government and sectoral policies in South Africa.
- The project must address concerns faced by vulnerable groups (e.g. poverty, school drop-out, unemployment, disability, conflict situations, violence, etc.).
- Project ideas must not be linked to religious or political propaganda.
What You Stand to Gain from LIFSA
Selected participants will receive the following:
- The participants selected by the selection committee will receive a maximum subsidy of R160.000.
- Once the project is approved, the funds will be disbursed in two installments.
- Selected applicants will gain exposure from the program.
- The program will assist in the development of the idea.
The application deadline is on the 22nd of October.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of LIFSA.