Apply now for the 2024 German Development Institute Managing Global Governance Academy for Young Emerging Leaders (Funded). Applications are now open for the 2024 German Development Institute Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy.
The MGG Academy is a training and dialogue format for highly qualified young professionals from rising powers and Europe. It supports future change makers who are dedicated to global cooperation and a transformation to sustainability. Addressing global challenges by building trust, learning from diverse perspectives, and co-creating solutions form core assets of the MGG Academy.
The Managing Global Governance Academy 2024 takes place between 24th August and 24th November at the German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS) in Bonn, Germany.
The MGG Academy is geared towards highly qualified young professionals who work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation. Prospective participants should.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Managing Global Governance Academy
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be a national or permanent resident of one of the MGG partner countries (MGG partner country (South Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico).
- Participants should be 25 – 40 years old.
- Participants are to work on issues relevant to sustainable development and global governance.
- Participants should have at least three years of work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognized).
- Participants should have a university degree (at least Bachelor’s).
- Participants should have the support of their employer (written support is required as part of the application).
- Participants must be ready to participate in an intensive full-time program (40 weekly working hours).
- Participants should have a good command of the English language (equivalent to the B2 level of the CEFR).
- Participants should be respectful of other cultures.
- Participants should be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies.
- Participants should be open to a variety of working methods.
What You Stand to Gain from the Managing Global Governance Academy
Selected participants will have the following benefits:
- Participants will explore solutions for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and broaden their perspectives by learning from peers with other sectoral and national backgrounds.
- Participants will gain a range of working methods, including practical experience and participatory approaches, training, lectures and discussions with experts, study trips, and peer coaching.
- The MGG participants will build up intense interpersonal contacts with their peers and have access to the MGG network of institutions.
- The participants in the Managing Global Governance Academy are granted a scholarship from the German Federal Government. The scholarship covers the current costs of living, all MGG-related costs, and travel expenses in Germany and Europe as well as health, personal liability, and accident insurance during the training in Germany.
The application deadline is the 3rd of March, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the German Development Institute Managing Global Academy.