Apply now for the IRI’s McCain Fellowship for Freedom (MFF) Program 2024. The program invites young Leaders worldwide to the third cohort of IRI’s McCain Fellowship for Freedom.
The Fellowship brings together young leaders from around the world to continue the legacy of IRI.
Since 2019, the fellowship has brought McCain’s vision of promoting political and economic freedom worldwide to life through its McCain Fellowship for Freedom. The fellowship was created to honor Senator McCain’s longstanding belief that “free markets are not possible without free people,” The fellowship brings together young leaders worldwide who are dedicated to fostering democracy and economic freedom. These leaders exchange ideas with policymakers, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and other change-makers to gain new insights and ideas on how to promote democracy and citizen-centered governance.
Since its first iteration, IRI has hosted 16 global leaders from 15 different countries.
Eligibility and Requirements for the McCain Fellowship for Freedom
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be between the ages of 21 and 40.
- Participants should not be U.S. citizens.
- Participants must be proficient in English.
- Participants must possess robust experience in politics, government, and the private sector, with a preference for individuals with cross-sectoral experience.
- Participants must demonstrate a proven history of and passion for advocating for democratic and free market reform.
- Participants must maintain a position of authority and leadership within their current career and community.
What You Stand to Gain from the McCain Fellowship for Freedom
Selected Participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive key sessions including workshops on national and local governance.
- Selected participants will join meetings with business and tech leaders, including representatives from Amazon Web Services, Google, and the Business Roundtable.
- Selected participants will receive learning sessions on democratic practices, campaign management, and policymaking with leaders such as Ambassador Mark Green of the Wilson Center, who served as IRI President under Sen. McCain’s Chairmanship.
The application deadline is the 27th of November, 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the McCain Fellowship for Freedom (MFF).