Apply now for the MSchool Labs call for proposals for startups fostering digital improvement and transformation of education (€25,000 in funding). Society has undergone significant and rapid changes, but these shifts may not be fully reflected in the practices and content of educational institutions.
In 2022, Spain had the highest early school dropout rates in the European Union at 13.9%, correlating with subpar academic performance. Experts partially attribute this issue to the inflexibility and excessive rigidity within the Spanish education system. Learning paths within schools often follow a uniform approach to adhere to a single curriculum, lacking responsiveness to diverse and personal contexts, interests, or objectives.
Educational success and learning are connected, with motivation being a crucial factor. Motivation tends to rise when the learning experiences are meaningful and hold personal value for the learner. This contributes to their self-awareness, a deeper understanding of their reality, and the active construction of a future that involves them and enhances their capabilities.
Tailored learning approaches are consistently emphasized in discussions aimed at fostering innovation and maintaining educational quality in the evolving global context. They play a crucial role in the journey toward delivering high-quality education.
Eligibility and Requirements for the MSchool Labs call for Proposals
Participants must meet the following:
- Participant’s proposals must identify innovative digital solutions at national and international levels that contribute to motivation, improvement of personalized learning approaches, and academic success through the transformative, healthy, and safe use of technology in the classroom.
- For the MSchool Labs call for proposals, the winning initiatives will be adapted and piloted in public and charter schools in Catalonia, specifically in the 3rd and 4th years of Compulsory Secondary Education.
- Participant’s solutions must have a technological development equal to or higher than Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 5, and the pilot’s implementation must be technically and economically feasible within 6-9 months during the 2024/2025 school year.
What You Stand to Gain from the MSchool Labs call for Proposals
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will have the unique opportunity to test their solution in an actual educational setting to confirm the validity of your proposal and assess its impact.
- Selected participants will receive €25,000 for each of the two winning solutions to be piloted in educational centers.
- Participants will receive significant exposure to the pilot’s implementation through various events.
The application deadline is the 6th of February, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the MSchool Labs call for proposals for startups fostering digital improvement and transformation of education.