Apply now for the Economic and Innovation Partnership NRW-Africa International Exchange Program 2024. The program invites start-ups from Nigeria who can participate in an 8-week exchange and networking program in North Rhine-Westphelia (NRW) in Germany. The project “Economic and Innovation Partnership NRW-Africa” (WIN NRW.Africa) offers the opportunity to make multiple on-site visits to start-ups and accelerators in NRW.
Participants will gain access to new, dynamic markets and build or expand business relationships and cooperation. There will be Workshops, technical discussions, and excursions to give insights into economic policy framework conditions in NRW.
This exchange of creative concepts in both ways will foster networking opportunities for entrepreneurs with great potential and present an incredible new prospect for start-ups from Nigeria and NRW.
Eligibility and Requirements for the NRW-Africa International Exchange
Participants must meet the following:
- The program is available to young professionals, startup founders, representatives from accelerators and incubators, and individuals interested in embarking on an international exchange journey, fostering cross-cultural understanding, and gaining a global perspective.
- Participants must be fluent in the English language.
- Participants must be based in Nigeria.
- Participants must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and curiosity.
What You Stand to Gain from the NRW-Africa International Exchange
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive a scholarship of 750€ a month during an 8-week on-site phase in Germany.
- Participants will receive an additional subsidy for the accommodation costs in Germany (up to 750€).
- Selected participants will get coverage of travel costs to Germany.
- Selected participants will get support in obtaining a visa.
- Participants will have a preparation and follow-up online in Germany.
- Participants will get an on-site stay organized by the GIZ.
The application deadline is the 19th of January, 2024.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Economic and Innovation Partnership NRW-Africa International Exchange Program 2024.