A call for projects for the PFAN Grants for developing countries 2023. The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network that targets climate and clean energy and offers free business coaching and investment. Even as the price of technology drops, PFAN, seeing the potential market for clean energy, utilizes the hunger of investors to invest in clean energy businesses globally.
PFAN is seeking entrepreneurs with great ideas for clean energy and climate adaptation projects that are profitable and viable, especially in low- and middle-income countries. PFAN is presenting entrepreneurs with an opportunity for scalability. PFAN tries to bridge the space by helping entrepreneurs build businesses and hand them to investors in a way that the investors will understand and invest in them.
PFAN is now accepting projects from sectors and technologies in; Agriculture and agribusiness, Biodiversity and eco-system Services, Clean Cooking, Clean Technology, Climate Change Adaptation, Climate Resilience Infrastructure, Cooling energy Efficiency and demand Reduction, Energy Storage and conservation, Renewable Energy, Rural Electrification & Energy Access, Tourism, Urban Resilience, Waste Treatment, and Water & Sanitation.
Eligibility and Requirements for the PFAN Grants for Developing Countries
To be eligible for PFAN Grants for developing countries in 2023, your project or business must:
- Participants projects and businesses should come from low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Africa, South, Central, and Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, Central America, and the Caribbean Islands.
- Participants’ projects must be about climate change adaptation and clean energy with benefits included.
- Participants’ businesses should offer or use clean energy technologies, products, or services that fall within the areas of work.
- Eligible projects should include increased access to energy for rural communities and clean cooking solutions.
- PFAN is seeking businesses with existing projects that run small operations but are ready for scale-up.
- Businesses that are new and or expanding in clean energy and related technologies are encouraged to apply.
What You Stand to Gain from the PFAN Grants for Developing Countries
- Participants’ investment amount or investment ask, will be between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- Projects in energy access and rural electrification can ask for investment between US$500,000 and US$50 million. This will also be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- Selected PFAN projects will undergo intensive one-on-one coaching in financial structures, and investment pitches.
Application Process for the PFAN Grants for Developing Countries
Applications are accepted continuously and are submitted at any time. After announced deadlines are announced, applications will be evaluated every quarter.
For more information, visit the official page of PFAN.