As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, the Nigerian Agip Exploration (NAE) Limited, on behalf of the NNPC/NAE PSC, is dedicated to the training and development of human resources. As a result, NAE welcomes interested and qualified Nigerian graduates to apply for the 2023–2024 Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme.
The Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme is in two categories: –
1. Overseas – For study in a reputable overseas university
2. Local – To enroll at a reputable university in Nigeria.
To qualify for the 2023/2024 NAE Post Graduate Scholarship Award scheme, applicants MUST:
- Possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Nigerian university.
- possess admission to a one-year Master’s degree program in one of the following disciplines from a Nigerian or an overseas university, depending on the application category.
- By the end of the year 2023, you cannot be older than 28.
- possess a one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) completion certificate.
- hold a passport that is valid for travel abroad for at least a year starting in September 2023 (applicable to the overseas category).
Eligible Course of Study
Only candidates having an offer of admission in subjects pertaining to the following areas should apply for the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme;
- Geosciences Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Subsea, Electrical/Electronics, Marine, Chemical)
- Petroleum Economics
- Law (Oil and Gas/Petroleum)
- The completion of the application form and test invitation should not be interpreted as a commitment on the part of the NNPC/NAE PSC, nor should it give applicants the right to assert any claims against NAE and/or any of its partners as a result of responding to this Call for applications for postgraduate scholarship awards.
- ONLY Candidates who have been selected for the aptitude exam will be contacted by SMS text and email (be sure to include working phone numbers and email), and shortlisted candidates will be informed about the qualifying test.
- Employees of NAE and other affiliate companies and their dependents are not eligible for this scholarship
- No current and past beneficiaries of similar awards from NAE, other affiliate companies, and agencies are not eligible.
- Before beginning this application, please carefully read the instructions to prevent mistakes and disqualification.
- Strict adherence to the rules as mentioned above is necessary.
The NAE scholarship award applies to tuition, books, field trips, accommodation, living expenses, and a return economy ticket for a selected one-year course of study.
1. Candidates should have the following clearly scanned documents before starting the application process:
- Passport photograph (450 × 450 pixels) with white background not more than 6 months old.
- Provisional admission letter for post-graduate studies 2023/2024 session into any reputable university – Local/Overseas. This admission letter must be for the course stated on the candidate’s application.
- First Degree Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Valid ID card (Driver’s license, Voter’s card, National Identity card)
Valid International Passport Data Page for Overseas category only (Valid for travel at least one year from September 2023)
- Birth Certificate from Local government
- NAE Compliance Declaration Form
2. All candidates are required to fill out and sign the NAE Compliance Declaration Form. To download the NAE Compliance Declaration Form, click Form. Label the scanned documents accordingly, to avoid mix-up during upload.
4. Attach the right documents in the appropriate upload section.
- Only applications submitted through the web portal will be considered.
- The official website for the 2023–2024 NAE Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme is SCHOLASTICA.
- All interested students should submit accurate and complete information.
- The computer-based test will be given to the successful applicants from the application stage on June 17, 2023, using a remote online proctoring test system.
- E-mail applications are NOT accepted for the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme.
To apply for this Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Register” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on www.scholastica.ng to return to the Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to create your profile.
- Candidates are required to fill in the Personal Details, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate Sections only.
- Candidates are also required to upload only applicable documents.
- Note to Overseas category applicants: Applicants for the Overseas category are encouraged to apply for the Local Post Graduate Scholarship Award.
- Candidates are not required to fill in the Secondary Level, Bank details or download the undergraduate profile verification form in the application portal.
- Ensure the name used in the application matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information or return to the home page www.scholastica.ng and select the 2023/2024 NAE Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme to be redirected to the application page.
- You will receive an email that confirms your application was successful.
- You can apply for both Local and International Category
What not to do when applying for the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme
- Multiple applications within the same category shall lead to disqualification.
- Kindly review your profile before applying.
- The completion of the application form and test invitation should not be interpreted as a commitment on the part of the NNPC/NAE PSC, nor should it give applicants the right to assert any claims against NAE and/or any of its partners as a result of responding to this call for applications for postgraduate scholarship awards.
Pretest Guide for the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme
You must complete the following steps at least 24 hours before the test date:
For Windows Operating System devices only
- Click: ‘Windows‘ to download a unique mandatory browser before your test date. This should be done on a computer running Windows 10 or above.
- After downloading the browser, run the installer and complete the installation wizard.
- Do not open the browser directly after downloading.
- Enter the test link in a new tab of your regular browser (e.g., Chrome or Firefox), this will automatically launch the special browser already installed.
For Mac Operating System devices only
Click: Mac to download a unique browser which is mandatory before your test date.
Do not open the browser directly after downloading.
Enter the test link in a new tab of your regular browser, this will automatically launch the special browser already installed.
Go to Practice to access the test platform for the purpose of practice only. This should not be used for the actual test for the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme.
Applications for the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme should be submitted on or before the 31st of May 2023.
Types of opportunity: Scholarship
Deadline: May 31st, 2023
Worth: Fully funded
Open to: 28 and below
Location: Any reputable University Overseas/Local
Organizer: Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited
. For questions about the Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme, email firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday to Friday) Also go through the do’s and don’t.
. For more information visit Agip