Apply now for the Quantum Mobility Quest launched by Airbus and BMW Group (€30K). The competition invites students, researchers, and professional experts in Quantum Technologies to tackle their most pressing mobility challenges.
The challenge invites participants to propose novel solutions for both hardware and software where they see potential and relevance for the mobility sector.
Airbus and BMW Group launched a global Quantum Computing Challenge entitled “The Quantum Mobility Quest” to tackle the most pressing challenges in aviation and automotive that have remained insurmountable for classical computers.
This is a first-of-its-kind challenge, bringing together two global industry leaders to harness quantum technologies for real-world industrial applications, unlocking the potential to forge more efficient, sustainable, and safer solutions for the future of transportation.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Quantum Mobility Quest
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants’ solutions must have the potential to significantly enhance computational power and enable the most complex operations that challenge even today’s best computers.
- For data-driven industries like the transportation sector, this emerging technology could play a crucial role in simulating various industrial and operational processes, opening up opportunities to shape future mobility products and services.
- Participants must select one or more problem statements: improved aerodynamics design with quantum solvers, future automated mobility with quantum machine learning, more sustainable supply chain with quantum optimization, and enhanced corrosion inhibition with quantum simulation.
- Participants can put forward their quantum technologies that have the potential to develop native apps yet to be explored in the transportation sector.
What You Stand to Gain from the Quantum Mobility Quest
Selected participants will receive the following:
- The Quantum Insider (TQI) is divided into two parts; a four-month phase where participants will develop a theoretical framework for one of the given statements, and a second phase during which selected finalists will implement and benchmark their solutions.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) will provide participants with an opportunity to run their algorithms on the cloud quantum computing service.
- Experts from Airbus, BMW Group, and AWS will evaluate submitted proposals and award one winning team with a €30,000 prize in each of the five challenges by the end of 2024.
The application deadline is on April 30, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Quantum Mobility Quest.