Apply now for the Hanga Sexual and Reproductive Health Program USD$30,000. In 2022, the program was designed by the Government of Rwanda. Through HangaPitchFest the Hanga Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) program will explore opportunities that exist for technology-enabled start-ups to solve issues to accelerate better outcomes.
This year, the goal of the Reproductive Health Program is to work with key partners to scout, select, and provide technical and business support to twenty (20) start-ups in Sub-Saharan Africa working on innovative tech-enabled solutions that will address challenges in ways that break the mold in SRH.
HangaPitchFest is aware that below is not the full extent of themes that constitute improving SRH outcomes and is open to other innovative ideas beyond these themes like Improving maternal health beyond the access to safe abortion for populations, Tackling gender-based violence including sexual violence, meeting the need for contraception including education about and access to contraception, tackling unsafe abortion by removing the barriers to accessing safe abortion, and targeting young people (10-24) with youth-friendly SRH information and services.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Reproductive Health Program
Participants must meet the following:
- The organization or individual applicant applying must be operating in any country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The organization must develop a product and venture that contributes towards a sexual and reproductive health (SRH) theme in an innovative and pioneering way.
- The organization must present a tech-enabled SRH solution or have the potential to scale through technology.
- The organization must present a working prototype.
- The organization must be registered by relevant authorities in the country of its operation.
- The start-up should not have raised venture capital (except for angel investors, family, and friends).
- Individual applicants must be the Founder / Co-founder and/or hold primary decision-making power in the start-up.
- Applicant must be digitally literate with consistent access to a laptop and internet.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
What You Stand to Gain from the Reproductive Health Program
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will receive grant funding valued at $10,000 with the scope to increase up to $30,000 for the highest-performing start-ups in the program.
- Participants will receive a three-month cohort-based learning curriculum covering entrepreneurship, evidence, and SRH.
- Selected participants will receive tailored support from venture-building and SRH experts over nine (9) months.