A call for applications for the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence Grant 2023-2024 is now open. The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) program is part of the science industry and translation scheme that aims to add knowledge and awareness for Africans in the UK for cutting-edge research, science, and innovation.
The scheme provides opportunities for highly experienced entrepreneurs and scientists to spend a week at a university developing a bespoke project for the program.
The scheme provides support and expert advice to promote innovation and the translation of research. To help grow entrepreneurship careers and recognition to the selected participants in their professional development.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Royal Society
- The scheme is focused on physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine.
- The scheme is open to applicants of any nationality as long as they can work in the UK for the duration of the award.
- Applicants should have extensive knowledge of science and engineering.
- Applicants should have experience in translation and commercialization of research.
- Applicants should have experience in entrepreneurship.
- Applicants should have experience or interest in training, coaching, or mentoring.
- Applicants can be either employed full-time, part-time, or self-employed.
What You Stand to Gain from the Royal Society
- The EiR will provide funding per year for two years with up to £25,000.
- The EiR will provide accommodation if required and travel costs for the duration of the program.
- The program will consist of meeting workshops and training.
Click here to apply. All applications should be submitted directly to the Royal Society grants award management system.
The application deadline is the 13th of November, 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of The Royal Society.