Apply now for the 2024 Safaricom Spark Accelerator Program for Kenyans Startups. Applications are now open, and submissions are open for the Spark Accelerator, a platform for bold and visionary founders to grow and scale their businesses.
Rooted deep around the purpose of changing lives, the goal is simple yet powerful to empower startups with the access they need to succeed. The program is expected to start in March 2024 and will run for 14 weeks. The program timeline will be communicated to selected startups during the onboarding process.
Sector Focus for the Safaricom Spark Accelerator Program
Startups in these focus sectors are qualified to apply for the Spark Accelerator:
- Embedded Financial Services: Insure Tech, Fintech as a Service – (enabling other businesses to offer financial services), and Agency as a Service (enabling agents to sell digital products).
- SME Productivity Tools: E-commerce enablement, POS and acceptance solutions, Merchant loyalty and rewards, Inventory and sales efficiency, and Working capital management.
- Fintech powered by AI: Wealth management, Fraud management, Reg-tech, Scoring
- Content: Local gaming content, Long and short-form video content, and Mobile advertisement Definition.
- Others: Personal financial management and Carbon Finance.
Eligibility and Requirements
Startups that fit the below requirements are to apply.
- The accelerator program is starting in Kenya and for Kenyans only.
- Startups Building Solutions in the highlighted focus areas are to apply.
- Multi-skilled teams with requisite expertise in the sector are to apply.
- Participants must be equity-ready to accept equity participation.
- Participants are to have an existing product and post-revenue.
- Startups in pre-series A are to apply.
What You Stand to Gain from the Safaricom Spark Accelerator Program
Selected startups will receive the following:
- Selected participants will have access to product and technology support, access to Daraja and M-PESA Open APIs, AWS activate credits up to $25K, technical advisory & mentorship, and business development support
- Selected participants will have market access and Go to Market Support.
- Participants will have access to Safaricom and M-PESA customer base of over 30 million customers, access to the Safaricom Partner Network, and networking and events.
- Participants will have access to capital and investor readiness.
- Selected participants will have access to funding from Safaricom and Leading Venture Capital Funds.
The application deadline is the 16th of February, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Safaricom Spark Accelerator Program.