Apply now for the 2024 SAIS Female Founder Award for African Female Entrepreneurs. Applications are now open for the 2024 SAIS Female Founder Award.
The SAIS Female Founder Award is an initiative by “Scaling digital Agriculture Innovations through Start-ups” (SAIS), a project implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The SAIS vision is to transform the food systems by being the leading community for tech ventures in the developing world. The start-ups we support must offer solutions that lead to income growth, improved nutrition, or adaptation to climate change. With the SAIS Female Founder Award, we aim to strengthen the visibility of female-led start-ups and to promote a more equitable and dynamic landscape for female founders to become the next ‘gazelles’ and succeed in building a unicorn in Africa.
Eligibility and Requirements for the SAIS Female Founder Award
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must be an African female who (co)founded and runs a start-up/growth stage business.
- Participants should have technical experience in their area of operation.
- Participants should have promoted female visionary leadership, supported other female leaders, and contributed to women’s economic empowerment.
- Participants should be fostering a culture that values diversity, and work has a positive impact on solving an important problem in the industry.
- Participants should have contributed to start-up ecosystem development.
- Participants should have a start-up team of at least three people (including yourself as a founder) who work full-time for the start-up.
- Participants should have a product/service that is digital or has a strong digital component.
- Participant’s product should be offering an impactful solution in the AgTech, FoodTech, or ClimateTech sectors in Africa.
- Participants’ businesses must be registered and operate on the African continent and have an official certificate of registration.
- Their company must have been registered for at least two (2) years before applying.
- Their startup must have clear evidence of traction (customer base, revenue), and have a unique value proposition in the market(s) where you operate.
- Participants should have an understandable and convincing business model (clear problem statement and defined customer segment).
What You Stand to Gain
Participants will receive the following:
- Participants will be given unique opportunities for visibility and further development of your business.
- The three selected winners will be traveling to Paris to attend the event in person. The program’s prestigious jury will announce the winners’ rankings during an on-stage ceremony.
- The three winners will win in-kind support worth up to 30,000€ for the first place, up to 15,000€ for the second place, and up to 7,000€ for the third place. This in-kind support can be vouchers and various tailored services to best boost their business, including:
- They will receive vouchers for special expenses (e.g. online training, software licenses, and other services).
The application deadline is the 29th of February, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the SAIS Female Founder Award for African Female Entrepreneurs.