A call for Proposals for the SGP Small Grants Maylasia. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites startups that are Non-government Organizations (NGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), and Community-based Organizations (CBOs) to apply for the small grants program for Klang Valley in peninsular to improve land and resource management through community-driven innovations and generate global environmental benefits.
The SGP Country Programme Strategy (CPS) seeks to guide the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Global Environment Facility’s (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) in Malaysia.
The SGP Small Grants Programme is implemented by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in Malaysia. The program aims to build upon the long-standing achievements of SGP in the country, improving socioeconomic conditions for local communities through the implementation of participatory conservation, restoration, and climate change mitigation interventions. Starting in this phase, Malaysia has been included in the Upgraded Country Programme (UCP) of the SGP.
Eligibility and Requirements for the SGP Small Grants Maylasia
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must have the capacity to implement the project and meet SGP’s administrative and bookkeeping requirements.
- Participants must be locally registered as Non-government Organisations (NGOs), Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), and Community-based Organisations (CBOs), with an existing copy of the certificate of registration.
- Participants must have a locally registered bank account of the organization.
- In exceptional circumstances, participants with unregistered organizations may contact the SGP Secretariat to discuss the potential arrangement of an intermediary contract with an established organization.
- All applications must be written in either English or Bahasa Malaysia.
What You Stand to Gain from the SGP Small Grants Maylasia
- Each selected participant will be limited to USD$50,000.
- Selected participants are to base their grant request on the estimated expenditure required.
The application deadline is 23rd October 2023.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the SGP Small Grants Maylasia.