She Wins Africa powered by World Bank IFC Grants for Women Entrepreneurs 2023 is a program for women entrepreneurs across the sub-saharan to offer training, mentorship, and networking opportunities to help startups scale. IFC
African women have the highest rate of entrepreneurial activity in the world at an estimated 24% are more likely to start a business than their counterparts despite the many factors that may hinder them. These factors are access to capital for startup, funding, support systems, and networks, and knowledge with no access to mentoring.
She Wins Africa is a program that seeks to assist African women entrepreneurs with their startup’s success. The accelerator aims to address the above challenges and improve growth.
Eligibility and Requirements for She Wins Africa
- Participants should be 21 years of age and above.
- The program is only for African women entrepreneurs.
- Participants should be from 1 year and above in business.
- Participant business headquarters should be in the sub-Saharan African country.
- Participants have to be in the technology industry or as a central component.
- Previous participants of similar IFC programs are ineligible to apply.
- Participants should be fluent in English.
- Participants must be available to attend online training and travel to networking events during the next 12 months of acceptance. IFC will cover flight and hotel expenses for the duration of the program. She Wins Africa participants must be available to attend online training sessions and travel to networking events during the next 12 months. Please note that IFC will only cover flights and hotels.
What You Stand to Gain from She Wins Africa
- She Wins Africa in collaboration with World Bank IFC will provide investment readiness training and business skills-building workshops, which will help women-led startups with chances at accessing finance.
- Participants will be provided with funds and venture capital for gender-lens investing.
- Participants will receive capacity building for accelerators and ESOs to support the incubation period of their early-stage startups to support the development of a strong pipeline of investible startups.
- She Wins Africa will make available pitching events between female founders and investors.
- Participants stand to gain exposure for their startup.
Application Process for She Wins Africa
Applications are now open for the first cohort of She Wins Africa. Send your application here.
For more information, visit the official webpage of She