Apply now for the Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge 2024. MassChallenge is seeking innovative ideas that they will expose to seven (7) leading food corporations and gain the chance of a pilot or investment. The contest will find you the right partner to scale up your ideas.
However, partners like Bühler Group, Givaudan, Nestlé, DSM-Firmenich, Louis Dreyfus Company, Omya, and Südzucker, who are looking for startups or scaleups with proven solutions or technologies in the areas of Sustainable Food and feed Solutions, Sustainable Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Sustainable Packaging & Materials, and Agri Tech. MassChallenge believes startups and corporations can help this effort by taking unique and disruptive ideas to the table, scaling these ideas, and bringing benefits to society quickly.
Combining supply-side actions such as efficient production, transport, and processing with demand-side interventions such as modification of food choices and reduction of food loss and waste, can reduce Green House Gas emissions and help feed the planet’s projected 9.8 billion population in 2050.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must have a product or idea at the prototype stage or with a working proof of concept backed by data.
- Participant’s products must fit with the partners they want to scale up their products when applying.
- Participant’s product should at least be at the prototype stage or have a working proof of concept backed by data.
- Participants must have products that are impactful, viable, and scalable.
- The selection process will be carried out online. Participants should ensure they are able to travel to Europe for discussions.
What You Stand to Gain from the Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Selected participants will have a direct pathway to multi-national corporations, and MassChallenge will introduce representatives of the partners to them.
- Participants will have the opportunity to scale your technology with them, which will entail a detailed sharing of information, most likely covered by a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and then the creation of a joint pilot to evaluate the scaling potential of the product.
- Selected participants will receive publicity and more connections. Each corporate partner will invite one of the startups that they shortlisted to the flagship event, the MassChallenge Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge Day, in June 2024.
The application deadline is 13th December 2023.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of MassChallege Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge 2024.