A call for applications for the Baobab Network Accelerator 2023. The Accelerator intends to invest in African tech entrepreneurs with two weeks of intensive consulting from the Baobab Network, then with another three months of hands-on support from the Network’s partners and experts. The program will be remote to make sure founders are taken away from their ventures for a period of time.
Baobab Network is a pan-African, agnostic sector. Its portfolio comprises the continent’s next giants. The Network is backed by visionary founders as they shape Africa’s future.
The Network focuses on African startups to help build a world-class startup. To support a team with global experience that is all African.
Eligibility and Requirements for the Baobab Network
- The accelerator is only for early-stage tech start-ups across Africa.
- The solution submitted should be able to solve a problem through technology.
- Founders applying should have a deep understanding of the market and customer behavior and trends.
- Founder’s team should have the ability to execute.
- Founder’s team should have the passion to focus and get through the
- Founders and co-founders should be intentional about a great culture to attract top talent across Africa.
- Founder’s team should be purpose-driven and have a clear vision of the impact of their solution.
- The product submitted should have scalability, sustainability, and a path to profitability.
- Products are to be intuitive to your users and have a clear roadmap.
- Founder’s products should carry the market size in mind, and fit the growing market trends.
- Make sure products are a good fit for the Baobab Network.
What You Stand to Gain from the Baobab Network
The benefits are as follows:
- The Baobab Network will provide founders with up to $50,000 USD in Funding.
- Selected startups will have an intensive program to ensure they go on to be successful.
- The Baobab Network will bring on powerful global network of experts, mentors, corporate partners, and investors to help grow your business.
Click here to apply. Applications are to be submitted in English.
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the Baobab Network Accelerator.