The UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem exchange program 2024 is inviting applications from qualified youths who hail from any of Kenya, Cameroon, Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Togo to apply for the the 2024 version of the program. Applications are open from now until the 15th of September, 2024.
The UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Exchange program 2024 will focus on education, sports, and culture in a bid to help promote culture and education in Africa.
Kulwurweit-Incoming program is an international education program of the German Commission for people aged 18 and above, which is funded by the Federal Foreign Office for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
The placements where the participants chosen will sit include UNESCO project schools, biosphere reserves and world heritage sites, theatres, museums and foundations, sports and cultural clubs, universities and Goethe-Institutes. The project carried out will be subject to the allocation of funds by the funding body.
- Participants must be people who are of legal age (18 and above) and are from Kenya, Tanzania, Togo, Rwanda, Cameroon, and Namibia.
- Participants should have excellent knowledge of German (min. Language level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference).
- Participants should be in good and sound health throughout their duration of stay abroad.
- Have a valid passport to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Participants must be ready to volunteer in the areas of culture, nature, education or sport are to apply.
The kulturweit team of the German UNESCO Commission will carry out a pre-selection process within six weeks. After that, all candidates will receive an email on the progress of their application. At this time, decisions will be sent out to the candidates who will be taken in for the second phase of the selection process.
Application Deadline: 15.09.2023