Apply now for the 2024 UNICEF Startup Lab Accelerator Program for Social Impact. Applications for the UNICEF StartUp Lab Accelerator Program are now open.
UNICEF StartUp Lab was launched in 2019. The program is a six-month accelerator program for impactful startups and businesses working to advance the Sustainable Development Goals for children and young people.
The program is led by UNICEF in Ghana, supported by KOICA, and implemented by MEST Africa. The program will provide a unique service by integrating an intense, hands-on business acceleration through wide-reaching technical expertise and systems knowledge in the social sector.
The program is led by UNICEF experts in Education, Health & Nutrition, Social Policy & Protection, WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene), and Child Protection. The participants have access to individual mentorship, a network of UN System partners, prototyping funding, and many other support mechanisms.
Eligibility and Requirements for the UNICEF Startup Lab Accelerator
Participants must meet the following:
- Participants must have operated for a year or more.
- Participants should be a registered business in Ghana (no NGOs, foundations, or individuals).
- Participants must have technology as the core enabler of the business.
- Participants must have a business model with a social impact that addresses at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Participants must have an Open-source solution or are willing to open-source their solutions.
- Participants with female founders/co-founders are encouraged to apply.
- The program is designed for startups from all regions of Ghana.
- Startups related to Health Tech, EdTech, Urban Tech, Climate Action, Fintech, and WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You Stand to Gain
Selected participants will receive the following:
- Each selected participant will receive up to GHS 32,000 for product development.
- Selected participants will receive global funding opportunities including UNICEF Venture Fund.
- They will have access to a wide network of UN System partners.
- Participants will receive intense, hands-on practical business acceleration.
- Participants will receive direct access to resources and social sector program experts.
- Selected participants will gain technology perks.
The application deadline is the 29th of February, 2024.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the UNICEF Startup Lab Accelerator Program.